Head of Sanctions
Are you a proven leader with a strong track record of delivering strong sanctions compliance in previous roles? Do you have exceptional knowledge of financial crime regulation and legislation? Will you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Sanctions, you will lead the development and implementation of the Bank’s sanctions compliance programme as well as leading the Bank’s sanctions advisory and policy teams. This is a great opportunity to shape and define the Bank’s sanction control framework reflecting industry practice as well as legal and regulatory obligations
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading the design and supporting the execution of the Bank’s sanction compliance programme and refining the Bank’s sanctions operating model
• Building relationships across the Bank to make sure sanctions controls remain effective and aligned with policy and standards, negotiating enhancements where required
• Looking after sanctions reporting to the Bank’s competent authorities and regulatory conversations on sanctions compliance
• Leading the Bank’s Sanctions Advisory and Policy teams
• Being the ambassador for the Bank’s sanctions compliance programme, driving awareness of sanctions risk management across the Bank
• Maintaining an understanding of latest issues and regulations relating to international sanctions
• Making surethe Bank is adequately compliant and working closely with the business to make sure information is past on and acted upon
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have previous experience as a Head of Sanctions,or similar consultancy, legal background experience
• You will have a deep understanding of sanctions legislation and key controls
• In order to exceed in this role, you need substantial experience of working in banking and of what industry good practice looks like
• You will be able to build strong relationships across the Bank to support the implementation of effective controls