Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions, so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
Consider the scale of our Enterprise for a moment…
The Group has approximately 40% of the nation's domestic payments passing through its systems, processing tens of billions in value on a daily basis with millions of direct debits, standing orders, interbank transfers, annuities, pension payments that need to pass through our category A, B and C systems.
To make this happen every hour and every day takes some smart people and some smart technology. TWS is a core and critical component of our banking operations and ensuring TWS is maintained, configured, patched, upgraded and fully exploited is the responsibility of Group IT professionals.
If you have extensive experience with Distributed platforms (Windows, Linux and Unix), and with TWS for Distributed platforms, and maybe associated technologies such as TWS for Z/OS, TDWC as well as general IT platform skills then we'd be keen to broaden your horizons with TWS and exposure to some fantastic technologies.
You'll have a background as either a Distributed Platform SME or TWS SME professional, or a strong scheduling toolset background in similar batch related technologies - and we'd build on all the skills you've gained and put them to good use across our banks infrastructure.
And if you happen to already have previous banking experience then this would be ideal but isn't expected.
Based out of Chester, Manchester or West Yorkshire with the opportunity to enjoy an agile working environment that supports home-working and other options we're sure we'll give you the working environment and challenges with which to build an interesting career with us.
We'll also provide you with a comprehensive package that includes a generous pension, bonus and benefits you can flex to your lifestyle.
So if this sounds like a role you could excel at then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the TWS service, predominantly across our distributed platform estate, but also amongst our z/os network.
- Ensuring privileged access is managed in line with LBG policies and to ensure the highest standards of security are attained for both our product and access.
- Maintaining compliance to SOX, ITEC and other internal processes.
- Deliver assigned tasks to deadlines.
- Identify and lead the delivery of opportunities for automation and efficiency within the team.
- Identify and contribute towards continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and support to programs and projects where engagement and deliverables require it.
- Troubleshoot and diagnosing complex problems and applying your expertise to lead incidents to successful resolution.
- Identify solutions to problems faced by our batch support teams and create innovative ways of solving complex issues.
What we'll need from you:
- Previous role as a Distributed platform specialist (or TWS Distributed specialist) is essential.
- Detailed platform or scheduling skills with demonstrable knowledge required as is an excellent understanding of operating system and configurations.
- The successful candidate will understand the concepts of batch scheduling and the concepts or what schedulers are used for.
- A working knowledge of TWS/IWS scheduling software is essential.
- Knowledge of CA7 and z/os platforms advantageous
- Be able to participate in a 24x7 callout rota (approximately 1 in 4).
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Flex cash sum
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.