Design & Technical Technician - Strategic Services
Our Development Strategic Services division assists the business in identifying, developing and implementing new design and construction systems to expand our housing delivery operations and product offering.
This new role will report into the Portfolio Design & Technical Manager Supporting and contributing to the development of the first L&Q range of standard house types along with procedures and guidelines templates.
We are looking for someone with experience as an architectural technician/technologist working on low-rise residential projects, accreditation / working towards a relevant professional qualification, such as CIOB,CIAT, RIBA is not essential but would be a differentiating factor.
Duties will include:
· Regular collaboration with internal departments and stakeholders
· Support, assist and coordinate with the consultant team on day to day activities to achieve L&Q design standardisation targets and overarching MMC Strategy.
· Coordinate and collaborate with chosen suppliers to ensure their layouts/ design information aligns with the L&Q Standard House type construction pack
· Organise and coordinate internal feedback from Development and Sales departments
· Collate, organise and manage existing portfolio data to support future design standardisation
· Review and comment on technical design information and manage stakeholder engagements required to provide effective resolutions
· Produce and deliver technical design, schedule and data information to develop L&Qs standard design and construction information library
· Assist with project delivery in-line with performance targets, cost and quality
· Contribute towards the business strategic innovation roadmap
· Actively take part in regular design team meetings/workshops with consultants
· Support and contribute to regular progress updates and presentations to the business
· Good project co-ordination skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Able to interpret, read, draw and coordinate technical drawings and specifications
· Valid driving licence
· A good knowledge of modern methods of construction
· A good knowledge of building regulations and technical design standards
· Design / Construction related degree
· Experience of collaborative working in project teams
· Appropriate CSCS card
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
COVID 19: L&Q have a dedicated pandemic response team reacting to the current situation. The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Safe requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 24 days holiday rising to 28 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance. This role also attracts a company car allowance/private medical.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.