Future of Shared Services (FOSS) PMO
We welcome applications from every part of the community and we don’t discriminate against any gender identity . We’re especially interested to hear from underrepresented groups in the DfT such as gender diverse, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
Would you like a unique opportunity to work in the Department for Transport (DfT), working to deliver exciting changes within its Shared Services function?
Are you looking for the opportunity to work in a role with a level of autonomy and the opportunity to shape the role around your ambitions and experience, with the support of a highly inclusive and supportive senior leadership team?
Are you excited by the opportunity to help manage, shape and inform a high profile, complex programme of efficiency and collaboration?
If so, we would love to hear from you?
This role sits within the Future of Shared Services Programme (FoSS) within the Department for Transport’s, Business Intelligence and Shared Services team. The FoSS programme seeks to replace the existing Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) that delivers transactional and business support services to over 18,000 staff with over 75,000 financial transactions annually, totaling c£20billion. The FOSS programme seeks to design, build and implement a new ERP platform for the DfT family, including Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and then transition to a new shared services operating model by May 2023.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Executive Officer in the Programme Management Office (PMO), within the FoSS programme. Helping to transform the programme’s ways of working, maintaining a highly resilient and expert PMO, ensuring that the programme delivery team and wider DfT family have the all the appropriate tools and techniques in place, to help them deliver the programme to scope, time and cost.
This is an exciting time to join the programme and you will play an instrumental role in working in a team that is shaping the future service that will impact 18,000 users across the DfT family. You will work in a fast paced, challenging, yet extremely rewarding role.
The key focus of this role is:
- Helping to set up and maintain standards, embedding robust governance and assurance processes to facilitate effective delivery of the FOSS Programme;
- Provide support to the Head of PMO for the set-up, management and monitoring of Programme Assurance activities throughout the programme;
- Managing the programme plan and its associated change process, including tracking and monitoring progress, escalation of issues and demonstrating the successes and benefits delivered;
- Working effectively, delivering value to the organisation and engaging with other stakeholders (project and programme managers in DfT and across the agencies);
- Align with communications and engagements workstream to support corporate communications;
- Lead the review of the programme risks each month, updating the risks and milestone tools in advance of the Group Finance review;
- Engage programme/project managers to ensure they deliver their reporting obligations (plan, milestones, risk and financial);
- Develop monthly dashboard to capture status of each initiative, working with workstream leads to agree mitigating actions where required.
You will have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences, maximising both impact and understanding. You are someone who gains rapport quickly with others as you build effective working relationships with both colleagues and stakeholders.
You will have confidence in your ability to come in and make a real impact within our team where you will lead from the front and drive those around you to achieve the same shared objectives. You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and oftern conflicting priorities to time and of a high standard. You are someone who is not afraid to challenge, and who can push back to our stakeholders where necessary in managing their expectations.
Our mission at the Department for Transport is ‘connecting people and places’. Everything we do to achieve this is reinforced by our values:
- Confidence: to challenge, to take action, to innovate
- Excellence: in our professionalism, in our delivery, in our learning
- Teamwork: we are inclusive, we collaborate, we support each other
These values define the kind of organisation we want to be – delivering for today whilst being ambitious for tomorrow.
We embrace diversity and celebrate our differences. Everyone is involved in making DfT an inclusive and great place to work. We actively promote a flexible approach to working whilst giving our staff opportunities to maximise their skills and achieve their full potential.
We are different people, one team.