Business Manager - Senior Manager/Associate Director
Work in conjunction with our Client Solutions Group’s Strategy & Execution Director and the other Regional Business Managers where you will shape and influence the strategic operating plans across all client types (Institutional & Wholesale) and across all capabilities (Public, Alternatives and Multi-Asset).
As an experienced Business Manager, you will be capable of fostering a culture of best practice, working in a collegiate and strongly inclusive manner with our worldwide teams and stakeholder groups.
As the Regional Business Manager for our Client Solutions Group in EMEA, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business. This group is a newly formed integrated client facing platform that looks to maximise client touchpoints, enable strategic relationships, improve coordination with different contacts across Macquarie, better leverage client relationships, synch product development, garner system efficiencies, and increase career development opportunities for staff.
You will work closely with the various business lines to translate business objectives into projects and goals which are then implemented and you will partner with the EMEA Head of Client Solutions Group to provide direction and coordination for the effective operations of the Group in EMEA.
Responsibilities will require you to:
- coordinate the yearly business plan, including recommendations relating to resourcing and team structure
- monitor and report on resource efficiency, revenue targets, AUM, clients, costs and office arrangements
- manage and report on SMCR, licensing and regulatory aspects
- coordinate and streamline approval processes for marketing materials and client engagement in line with SMCR requirements
- coordinate marketing and events strategy with Relationship Managers and Product Specialists
- track director sales attribution, document and analyse this data
- continue to enhance the attribution model in order to ensure it is relevant in an evolving business landscape
- negotiate, monitor and report on all third-party placement agreements in EMEA, ensuring compliance with contract terms and evaluating the merits of their renewal
- coordinate and document Relationship Manager and Product Specialist budgets and objectives
- work with the other Business Managers and Asset Management regional COOs and create a reporting tool for reporting back to various stakeholders, including investment teams and the Asset Management Executive Committee
- maintain ownership of all presentations and speaking scripts (media, town halls, panels, conferences) for Client Solutions Group EMEA Head
- work on talent management reporting for the half year and year end reporting and career development cycles, in partnership with the EMEA Human Resources Business Partner
- co-ordinate and document team meetings and other periodic meetings (e.g. director meetings, non-director meetings, monthly reporting to investment teams): diaries, agendas, materials, meeting minutes, action items addressed
- engage with your direct report, the Client Solutions Group EMEA team head on ensuring periodic meetings are scheduled, reporting materials are produced and measured against budget / objectives with follow up items actioned
- monitor and manage the CRM input by Relationship Manager, Product Specialist and by fund
- coordinate and drive strategic initiatives such as investor surveys and annual relationship meetings.
You will have a proven track record of forming and maintaining global internal relationships across a suite of junior and senior stakeholders. Your excellent project management and change management skills, partnered with your ability and personal credibility to influence senior management will be well utilized in this role. Your prior experience in a complex operational leadership role, particularly in the alternative investment asset management industry will be vital in this role. In addition, you will be experienced in private fund capital raising, fund finance and operations and investor services.
As a motivated and proactive individual, you will have a strategic orientation to create sustainable change, with an execution mindset. You will be experienced in maintaining perseverance and optimism under pressure and will have a flexible approach. You will be able to execute critical work streams with limited supervision and direction. You will be highly numerate, with sound business judgement and a pragmatic approach to problem solving. Your outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills will enable you to build and maintain relationships with team members.
Finally, you will be degree educated with an additionally post-grad professional degree, for example CFA, MBA etc.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.