Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Engineer - Linux & Windows
About the Team
Working in a team of 5 Systems Engineers with varying skillsets, you will be involved with the project delivery of the server, infrastructure & storage platforms and solutions that meet Next’s business requirements.
About the Role
In this role, you will use physical and virtualized server platforms, deploying services using scripted/automated builds and will also be involved in incident management and resolution, change management, problem management, request management, disaster recovery, upgrades to existing servers and systems, and maintaining environmental records of Next’s infrastructure.
You'll also implement new projects for the business and support Red Hat Linux, Microsoft OS and Citrix platforms, documenting all resolutions and improvements to these systems whilst providing regular reporting to the senior management team and keeping the management team informed of major outages/issues and resolutions.
As part of this role, you will adhere to and promote team standards and will produce documentation to a high standard and must be proactive in knowledge transfer to other teams.
The position is based around rotating shifts covering 08:00am-18:00pm based on business requirements and this role will also take part in a weekly callout rota. Overtime and some shift changes are expected as many systems can only be installed or changed outside of normal business hours.
Predominately based at the Dale Lane, South Elmsall warehouse campus with some home working. This role will also include travel to other sites around the surrounding area as required.
- Vast amount of experience supporting server operating systems in a large organisation (Red Hat Linux & Microsoft Windows Server)
- Ability to lead and project manage the delivery of small-medium platform solutions
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer and partner facing role, meeting delivery goals and timelines
- Have strong customer and social skills, good relationship building abilities, process driven, able to manage multiple work streams, good prioritisation, independent
- Be flexible to overtime work that is planned/unplanned as required