Project Manager FTC
We are building a culture of excellence at Willmott Dixon and the outstanding development of our people is critical in our journey. We are looking for a Project Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave within our Learning team. The successful applicant will be project managing the development of a virtual blended technical training suite to complement the existing learning offering so previous project management is essential but this experience could have been gained in either a learning or construction environment. The Learning team are based at our head office in Letchworth Garden City but we are flexible around a person's location as long as they can commit to attending a monthly team meeting which is normally held in Letchworth.
Duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage the development of a technical training offering for Willmott Dixon which complements the existing learning being delivered.
- Collaborate with all internal key delivery partners and external specialists to design, build and implement the virtual technical training suite. This will include but not limited to e-learning, webinars, virtual reality and gamification
- Project manage the design and implementation of a single platform for all learning and development.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive relationship management experience.
- Excellent MS office skills.
- System design and implementation
- Knowledge of technical skills specific to the Construction sector
- Previous experience of implementing a virtual learning platform
- Experience of developing virtual learning material such as Virtual reality and e-learning
- A self-starter in approach.
- Excellent influencing, networking and stakeholder management skills
- A team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The successful applicant must be able to travel to our head office in Letchworth, to attend monthly meetings.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.