Senior Quality Engineer
Talented people are the key to our success
Morgan Sindall provides national design, construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We are currently recruiting for a talented, motivated and ambitious Senior Quality Engineer to join our Energy North team based in Scotland.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will provide expertise and direction to the project teams to ensure that work is carried out to the customer’s standards, specification and schedule.
You will oversee construction activities and monitor conformity with relevant standards, drawings and specifications.
Duties relating to the role include:
- Ensuring that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained on the contract and, if appropriate, recommend a cease in operations
- Advising on standards of quality and compliance with the specification, having due regard to the requirements of the contract
- Assisting in the production of project Quality Plans and Inspection & Test Plans
- Monitoring performance on site to ensure that engineering installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications
- Constructively challenging and intervening where quality is being compromised
- Leading and undertaking inspections and investigations where required, reporting and implementing lessons learned and improvements
- Identifying technical problems on site, and recommending correction and corrective action where required
- Providing feedback on the performance of subcontractors to enable intervention to be taken as appropriate
- Contributing to and being involved in project meetings, subcontractor pre-contract and pre-start meetings
- Ensuring that current knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and methods of installation is up-to-date using all appropriate means including reading, research from the industry lead bodies, and networking with all appropriate organisations, and engineers
- Reporting accurately and effectively on quality matters
- Communicating effectively and regularly with other members of the SHEQ Team regarding quality matters
- A thorough understanding of Quality Management and Control principles, particularly with respect to the use of Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans
- 3-5 years demonstrable experience in a similar role/industry
- Relevant industry / technical qualification, e.g. civil, mechanical, electrical engineering
- Have a wide understanding of the industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of industry techniques
- Good knowledge of relevant Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Some knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 management systems
- Knowledge of risk management approaches (desirable)
- Trained Internal or Lead Auditor (ISO 9001) (desirable)
If you are interested and would love to be a part of a successful team and build your future career with Morgan Sindall please apply now.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.