Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record in residential construction to join the London Commercial Team on a project in Barking. Reporting to the Managing Surveyor, the Senior Quantity Surveyor is accountable for all commercial and contractual matters on the project to completion. The candidate shall have a vision of driving the best value for the London region via procurement and contractual management. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to progress their career.
- Experience of commercially leading a large project (£100m)
- Significant experience of leading and managing a team
- Previous Main Contractor or Developer experience
- Qualified RICS or CIOB desirable
- Procurement of consultants & subcontractors, valuations, administration of variation processes and final accounts.
- Experience in the management and administration of subcontract supply chain from procurement through to final account
- Ability to develop budgets, prepare and manage cash flows.
- Prepare accurate and regular reports on the financial health and position of the project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a sound technical background.
- Experienced in implementing commercial procedures and practices to ensure effective project control and reporting
- Proven ability to develop constructive relationships with supply chain and external parties to ensure project success
- Experienced in implementing risk management practices and processes
- Experience in pre contract cost planning desirable
- Experience of design and build projects including attending and participation in design review meetings alongside colleagues
As part of a project team, review and feedback on lessons learnt in respect of commercial, contractual, cost planning and design processes.
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
COVID 19: L&Q have a dedicated pandemic response team reacting to the current situation. The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Safe requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 24 days holiday rising to 28 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance. This role also attracts a company car allowance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.