Application Technical Analyst - AML
Do you love working on crime fighting technologies? Are you looking to work in a dynamic, exciting and constantly changing environment? Can you guide colleagues on technical changes to products? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Technical Application Analyst for AML (Anti Money Laundering) and Screening, you will be an important part of our amazing Surround Applications team, who look after our wonderful IT products and make sure they meet our customers’ needs. This is an exciting role where you will look after and make constant improvements to some of our core technologies, which help us to grow in a safe and sustainable way.
So what would you be doing?...
• Producing change artefacts and specification documents
• Working closely with vendors on updated requirements
• Reviewing technical designs against requirements, impact assessments and implications
• Configuring applications on changes made to make sure the applications are working well
• Overseeing our code and configuration control policy
• Providing technical expertise during the deployment and upgrade of software
• Acquiring an in-depth understanding of our product features and functionality
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Experience in applications deployment, administration and support
• Previous experience with SQL
• Capable of creating wonderful solutions to solve all kinds of complex problems
• Working knowledge of a Linux Platform, preferably Redhat
• Experience in supporting web technologies (Tomcat, Jboss & IIS)