Head of Commercial Credit Risk Policy
Are you passionate about all things commercial credit risk? Do you have a proven track record of leading teams in the credit risk space? Can you guide policy and provide oversight for a commercial credit function? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Commercial Credit Risk Policy and Portfolio Oversight, you will manage the credit risk of Metro Bank commercial lending portfolios to achieve a long term sustainable growth by leading and optimising credit risk policies and strategies for new business acquisition and portfolio management.
So what would you be doing?...
• Maintaining the commercial credit risk policies and procedures
• Developing and maintaining commercial credit risk appetite statement and limits, and provide oversight of performance
• Reviewing the commercial lending portfolios to understand current risk profile and emerging risks
• Chairing the commercial portfolio quality review committee
• Providing regular reporting to provide senior management with effective oversight
• Working with Risk Assurance and Audit teams to make sure processes are in line with policies and adhered to by Commercial Banking teams
• Supporting external reporting such as annual report and accounts and rating agency presentations
• Acting as model owner in line with the model governance policy
• Overseeing the roll out of IRB credit risk grading and slotting models
• Working with the Impairment team to make sure adequate impairment levels and accurate forecasting
• Partnering with the Product team to design new products or services and constantly enhance the customer journey
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have broad experience in credit risk management across all types of products (business & commercial, fixed term & revolving, secured and unsecured) and deep understanding of commercial real estate
• We need you to have fantastic experience across all parts of the credit lifecycle (originations, credit underwriting, existing customer management, portfolio management, restructuring & recoveries)
• In order to excel in this role, you need to have experience in defining credit risk policy
• An understanding of relevant regulation and experience in providing challenge and oversight of first line teams
• You will have knowledge of credit risk KPIs and experience reporting to execs and board level
• Knowledge of credit modelling approaches for IRB and IFRS9 is essential
• You must be able to problem solve, to see the bigger picture and understand how decisions impact the rest of the Bank
• Naturally, you will have the skills to be able to bring people together across organisational boundaries to solve problems for the benefit of our fans and the Bank
• You need a track record of leading a diverse team to develop individuals and achieve results
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!