Head of First Line Credit Risk Strategy - SME Lending
Are you the go to person when it comes to SME lending? Can you develop an effective risk control framework? Do you want to be part of an amazing products team who are revolutionising British Banking? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of First Line Credit Risk Strategy, you will support the SME business teams as owner of the product credit risk strategies. You will develop and embed an effective credit risk control framework to identify, mitigate, augment and monitor credit risk across the full SME customer life cycle. As part of your role, you will help the team to develop the SME credit risk strategies used across Bank in line with business requirements and control framework standards.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading and supporting the development and maintenance of the SME risk reporting and data infrastructure needed to help the business in achieving sustainable, controlled and robust growth
• Providing expertise and insight, developing and maintaining the risk reporting and the data infrastructure in line with the oversight & quality assurance frameworks to help deliver business objectives
• Developing, maintaining and executing regular and ad-hoc reporting and the associated data infrastructure to meet regulatory and business requirements, automating where possible
• Owning and managing changes in risk reporting in line with oversight & quality assurance framework/standards
• Maintaining the quality and integrity of data used for risk reporting in line with oversight & quality assurance framework and standards
• Undertaking regular audit and reconciliation activity
• Providing expert guidance and insight, undertaking analysis and generating reports for governance committees and business forums
• Supporting the wider team as a subject matter expert on data and reporting capability, undertaking diagnostic and deep dive analysis on performance arising from any part of the Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience in a managerial credit risk role
• We need you to have an amazing understanding of statistical and data manipulation programming tools & techniques
• You need to be highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages – Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you will have knowledge of Credit Risk and Risk Analytics functional processes, techniques and data
• Knowledge of the credit life cycle decision management software tools and programming techniques is important
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!