Lead Treasury Risk Manager
Are you an expert in all things Treasury Risk? Can you nurture and develop team members to be amazing at what they do? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Treasury Risk Manager, you will lead the team that monitors and reports the Bank’s interest rate, liquidity, market and treasury risks. You will be responsible for producing treasury risk reports and assisting with any analytical help the treasury or other teams need.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading a team of Treasury Risk Analysts which reports for our Treasury team and several of the Bank’s governance committees
• Working on some of the bank’s regulatory reporting for the Prudential Regulatory Authority
• Acting as a credit partner for limits and annual reviews which colleagues in Treasury prepare
• Reviewing the risks and controls in the Treasury and Treasury Operations teams and performing periodic controls testing
• Making sure all reports produced by the team are accurate and of a high quality
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have in-depth knowledge about how a Bank manages interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and foreign exchange
• You must have a strong understanding of the principles of how a Bank works and the way we measure those risks
• In order to succeed in this role, you will have excellent experience using Microsoft Excel
• In order to be amazing in this role, you will have a solid understanding of wholesale credit risk principles
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!