Medical Information Operations Lead - Europe
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives...
At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
The Medical Information (MI) Operations Lead manages a team of 3-4 MI Operations and Systems managers to ensures operational optimisation, quality and compliance across Medical Information Europe, and is responsible for the development and oversight of MI processes, resources and channels to deliver a quality, customer-centric, operationally efficienct and forward looking MI service
The Lead also sets the strategic vision and objectives for digital and systems and is responsible for the development, execution and continuous improvement for systems and processes pertaining to the business and regulatory needs of Medical Information.
The Lead is a key member of the EMEA Medical Information Leadership Team and the Global Medical Information Leadership Council (GMILC)
- Managing MI Operations & Metrics
- Overseeing and owning the Processes, Quality & Compliance
- Setting the strategy and managing stakeholder relations
- Leading a high-performing team and influencing colleagues across the matrix organization of EMEA.
- Managing a budget of $500K plus additional project spend
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in a life science/healthcare field, masters level preferred but not required
- Significant experience in a customer-facing medical role required; medical information or relevant contact center management experience preferred
- Operational and/or people managerial experience required
- Project management experience required and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and respond to tight timelines
- Budget management and resource allocation experience preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of the regulatory and compliance issues relating to the medical function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to engage across multiple functions to influence outcomes
- Relationship management skills, ability to influence outcomes
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects, with a clear sense of priorities
- Familiarity with internal/external SOPs/guidelines/regulations governing Pfizer medical customer interactions
- Proven ability to understand requirements and impacts from both technical and business perspectives
The closing deadline for applications is 21st Aug 2020
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let's start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms - allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.