Media & Communications Manager
Are you an experienced Media and Communications professional? Join the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Corporate Affairs team in Europe for a 12-month maternity leave contract. Our Infrastructure and Real Assets division is the world's largest manager of infrastructure, headquartered in London where you will be based.
Reporting to the global head of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset’s Corporate Affairs, you will work with a small in-house team and external Public Relations and public affairs agencies across multiple markets. You will be responsible for providing strategic communications advice and support for high-profile private equity-style infrastructure acquisitions and divestments across Europe, as well as assisting to develop the brand and reputation in Europe.
Employing the full range of communications channels, you will engage external audiences through proactive and reactive media engagement at top-tier and specialised trade publications, provide strategic communications support for transactions, issues and crisis management as well as working with the division’s portfolio companies and their stakeholders to manage reputational issues. You will work closely with the global Corporate Affairs team to help support a range of marketing and client communication activities including the development of thought-leadership and content for social media as well supporting the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets regional leadership team on a range of internal communications initiatives.
Working in a dynamic environment, you will be required to develop strong relationships across the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset’s local and global businesses to become a trusted advisor on all communications matters.
You will ideally have experience working in financial services, asset management or professional services, preferably with private equity-related experience (either in-house or at an agency) and have a proven track record of working on complex transactions, managing multiple stakeholders and building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- working with the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset’s deal teams to develop communications strategies in support of acquisitions and divestments
- work with the broader Corporate Affairs team to develop proactive media and government outreach plans, supporting the business’ strategy in each market
- identify and plan external engagement initiatives to proactively tell the Macquarie and Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets story
- liaise with executives and communications professionals in assets owned and managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets to coordinate responses to press inquiries concerning Macquarie, on key corporate developments, on public affairs issues that might impact Macquarie, on crisis communications etc.
- assist in the development of content marketing and client communications to develop thought leadership and social media content
- support internal communications and other communications initiatives as required.
- interact with Corporate Affairs team members around the world to ensure informed and coordinated responses to media inquiries.
To be successful, you will need to bring the following:
- a relevant degree and 7+ years’ experience in a similar role
- solid understanding of the financial services industry and private equity-style investing
- media relations skills and experience in developing effective strategic communications strategies and campaigns that deliver strong business results
- strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- ability to think strategically and operate within a growing and global team that brings a "roll up your sleeves" mentality to the required work
- proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- experience in interfacing with senior executives and developing a reputation as a trusted advisor
- ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment while meeting varying deadlines
- a proactive thinker who can develop new and innovative approaches.
If this sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply online now.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you are capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.