Senior Site Manager
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately-owned Construction businesses in the UK. Founded in 1852, we are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years.
Due to strong project pipeline in residential projects we are looking to expand our Willmott Dixon team and recruit an experienced Senior Site Manager. You will be responsible for the delivery of your own phase of a £34 million contract to build new homes for the City of Wolverhampton Council.
The key responsibilities:
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management
- Implementation of project strategies in order to achieve the company's sustainability objectives
- The ability to establish and maintain standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and requirements
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations
- Implement the supply chain policy
- Management of community relations and ensuring appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business
- The ability to produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time
- Elimination of waste and avoidance of non-recoverable costs and preliminaries losses
- Maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical awareness
- Implement standard procedures
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement
Essential and Desirable Criteria
What we are looking for:
- A track record of successful delivering residential schemes
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Effective supply chain management & Efficient use of all staff and resources
- Reading and accurately interpreting programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications
- Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
- Working towards a MCIOB.
In return we offer: Competitive salary, company car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, profit related Incentive scheme and much more.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.