Senior Project Engineer - Electrical
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
As senior project engineer you will be responsible and accountable for the design development, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning, and documentation of the electrical element of a project or projects, and provide proactive input into overall programme and commercial activities.
- Review and challenge designs for build-ability and cost effectiveness
- Responsible for materials and subcontract procurement and control of subcontractors on site, within budget, to the highest quality and safety standards and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Undertake the commissioning of plant, equipment and processes, and optimise operating in line with agreed performance parameters
- Responsible for the completion of the electrical scope of works and documentation to obtain Perfect Delivery
- Provide technical support and advice to design teams in assessing existing process plant and equipment and build-ability of proposed solutions
- Lead technical, commercial and site management support to procurement teams in quotation evaluation and pre-contract award processes for electrical deliverables
- Expedite subcontractor designs, off-site works, testing and delivery to ensure compliance of quality, budget and programme milestones defined in the subcontract
- BTEC HNC in engineering of specific discipline (or equivalent)
- CITB site managers safety training scheme
- CSCS Site Supervisor – Gold Card
- Proficient in materials and subcontract letting and subcontract management
- Proficient in managing site construction and installation
- Proficient knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation
- Knowledge of construction contracts and procedures
- Nuclear and or MOD experience is an advantage.
- Must have or be capable of getting Security Clearance to SC level. Must be a UK Sole national due to contract security requirements.