IT Request Analyst
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud (Azure) and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI (Power BI) and digital construction. As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance. We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Request Analyst. The Request Analyst is an integral role within Service Operations and will be responsible for undertaking the activities that will ensure compliance to the request fulfilment process that provides a central co-ordination function for the management of service requests.
As an analyst you will undertake all activities relating to the process to ensure that we are compliant. You will ensure that service requests are responded to in a timely manner and that all customers and suppliers have the appropriate expectations set and agreed.
Although our IT team are based at our Head Office in Letchworth Garden City, we do promote agile working practices so there will be the opportunity for some remote working within this role.
Some of the key duties / responsibilities with the role will include: -
* Customer satisfaction is essential, seek iterative improvements to the process and overall customer experience of IT. * Assisting the IT Request Manager with the development and documentation of the IT Service Request catalogue.
* Purchasing IT hardware, software and consumables, satisfying all order requests from within the business in line with our policies and procedures.
* Ensuring ownership of requests is well understood, expectations for delivery are clear, and ultimate delivery of the request meets the specifics of the outlined request by using embedded processes.
* Assisting in providing first-line support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required.
* Appropriate and responsive handling of any escalations.
* Supporting vendor management to maintain a positive relationship with our suppliers.
* Complete analysis of requests to understand business requirements.
* Ensuring the 'one team' culture is fully embedded into the request function
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
* Request Management
* Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans
* Capable of quality and coherent reporting
* Ensuring support teams understanding of IT processes and Procedures.
* Proactively liaising with staff in a non-technical manner.
* MS Excel and PowerPoint ideally to an expert level
* Managing difficult customers Qualifications and Memberships Desirable
* ITIL Foundation
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a huge beneficial impact for the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success year after year, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.