Newsroom Systems Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The NRCS team maintain Sky’s two on-site Newsroom Computer Systems for Sky News and the Sky Sports News channels in order to ensure high availability of the rundowns and scheduling for the live channels. There are over 1000 users accounts to manage with around 500 concurrent users at peak times. The team are responsible for maintaining and optimisation of NRCS systems in order to make them as efficient as possible. The team configure and manage the integration points to/from other on air systems such as Prompters, Gfx devices and Playout systems for these two flagship News services.
What you’ll do:
- To lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Sky’s Newsroom Control system platform.
- To manage, evolve and take ownership of technology within the remit of the NRCS manager.
- To ensure support processes are efficient and optimal catering for the requirements of 24/7 flagship News services.
- Setting objectives, monitoring performance and ensuring continuous development within the newsroom systems support team
What you’ll bring:
- An advocate of technology innovation, ensuring system optimisation is maximised so that uptime is at the highest possible availability.
- A technical hands on manager who inspires and invigorates a team of system specialist.
- To lead and set the example on effective problem solving within a highly technical and fast moving environment.
- Hold excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to prioritise the incoming workload from a technically urgent to tasks of lesser priority and disseminate amongst the team.
Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.