Internal Auditor - Data Assurance - Flexible Working Available
Do you give extra time and consideration to everything you do? Does achieving accuracy and clarity excite you? Are you committed to accomplishing excellence and working towards to the highest audit standards? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Audit Manager – Data Assurance, your role will be to strengthen the Internal Audit team in specialist areas. This will allow the team to plan and execute IRB-relevant and meet expectations set out in article 191 of the capital requirements regulation, thereby supporting Metro Bank in the IRB application process to the PRA.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Director of Internal Audit in discharging its responsibilities to the Audit committee
• Developing a multi-year risk-based audit plan that supports a program of audit work covering the key aspects of IRB data governance
• Scoping and delivering high quality audits over the quality of the Bank’s IRB ratings system
• Developing high quality audit reports and identifying gaps and areas of improvements
• Maintaining strong standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions
• Managing and coordinating work across IT and the business
• Attending relevant committees, conduct continuous monitoring of IRB developments and to keep up to date on regulatory changes and industry best practices
• Contributing to information sharing across Audit leadership team
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have experience of auditing IRB rating systems and data governance
• In order to exceed in this role, you need experience in auditing data as well as technical data/data risk roles and mainly used for credit risk management and reporting (third and second line) and treasury
• You will require excellent analytical skills and experience of data governance and modelling tools
• Ideally, you will have experience of credit risk data modelling and reporting for IRB
• You must have experience of data models and data governance including database technologies