Project Manager - Level 1
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20 year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
As project manager you will successfully manage allocated multidisciplinary projects and their associated activities from conception through to completion, delivering work that meets project requirements, customer satisfaction and in accordance with Morgan Sindall standards.
As a project manager, you will:
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects ensuring Perfect Delivery is achieved
- Implement a full risk and value engineering management process where all risks and cost savings opportunities are identified and actioned
- Ensure that project specific requirements are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to both internal staff and partner contractors engaged in providing technical support activities to the project
- Responsible for all safety, health, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement.
Already experienced as a project manager, you will be:
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in a relevant technical discipline
- Awareness of the issues and processes within the customer’s service areas
- Knowledge of all aspects of legislative compliance, including employment law, health and safety, and environment
- Strong civils background
- Good understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value / evaluating variations of construction works undertaken
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a business unit or area
- Good management skills with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously with compromising on standards and quality
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.