Operations Manager - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a huge beneficial impact for the UK's economic growth and prosperity. We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success year after year, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company.Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
Collida has recently been established as a new, innovative business within Willmott Dixon. Collida is a technology-led design and procurement platform harnessing the best in technology, design and materials to streamline the construction industry's approach to buildings' design, procurement, delivery and maintenance.
To support this exciting initiative, we are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to lead and be responsible for interfacing with LCO teams to ensure the successful delivery of Residential, Education and Healthcare projects using Collida platform, and drive the continuous improvement of the platform from an operational perspective. The successful person will contribute as part of the senior management team to effectively manage day to day operations and support the respective LCO's in this style of delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to business strategic plans where appropriate
- Provide leadership and support to help recruit, develop, motivate and retain the best people.
- Ensure effective team working between the operational team, and other departments by effective communication.
- Provide in real time, accurate and realistic operational reports and projections.
- Act as Operational lead, working in conjunction with the rest of the senior management team including managing all supply chain partners and long-term performance contracts
- Ensure the LCO operational teams' quality outputs meet Willmott Dixon's standards during construction and also on completion.
- Lead on the development of an automated solution to programming and prelims production - driven from the BIM models.
- Provide operational input into design - with specific reference to ensuring the optimum manufacturing and subsequent assembly of the same.
- Work with Willmott Dixon colleagues, supply chain and external designers to implement DfMA principles into the Willmott Dixon platform.
- Lead the aftercare process - including the facilitation of lessons learned workshops - to ensure the timely resolution of all defects, root cause identification and the development of improvements to the platform to obviate the same from occurring in the future.
- Assist in the creation of winning PQQs/ tenders and support the Willmott Dixon team throughout the process.
- Promote the Willmott Dixon brand.
- Attend meetings as required nationally
- Adopt principles of Considerate Constructors scheme and manage community relations.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Successful leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- Resolving technical, operational and contractual issues and / or disputes
- Experience across both traditional and offsite construction forms
- Experience of Asta Powerproject
- Experience of Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Teams and Outlook
- Skilled in analytical thinking.
- Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Ensuring projects team understanding of drawings and technical specifications
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- Construction related degree or relevant work experience.
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to travel independently to work
- SMSTS certificate
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Share best practice and drive continuous improvement
- Experience in using 4D programming techniques and associated software
- Understanding of DfMA principles
- MCIOB / MRICS or equivalent professional qualification.
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- consider the impact of your own actions on others
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation
- understand and address stakeholders' needs
- identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
You will be able to:
- prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
- constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
- recognise changes in circumstances promptly and adjust plans and activities accordingly
- take personal responsibility for making things happen
- find practical ways to overcome barriers
- manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.