Architect (Healthcare) - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a huge beneficial impact for the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
Collida is part of the Willmott Dixon family of companies.
Our mission is to modernise the way that Willmott Dixon delivers its £1bn+ of annual turnover, through the use of AI-generative computational-based design, integrated procurement and programming, platform solutions and DfMA methodologies. We are using these approaches to design the next generation of product solutions across each of the key sectors in which Willmott Dixon operates.
To support this exciting initiative, we are looking to recruit an Architect with good experience within the healthcare sector, to provide digital design authoring and technical support to develop, implement, and successfully deliver the digital construction aspects of the Collida offering.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create the predesigned components (families, groups, sub-assemblies and 2D/3D detailing) for the Collida platform
Assist the Head of Design in the strategic relationship management of any third-party designers and consultants
Provide architectural design leadership and flair to assemble the predesigned components of the Collida platform into project- specific buildings
Provide support to PQQs, bids and tenders - including the production of written submission text and mixed media visualisations
Act as Project Architect and Lead Designer for Collida on live projects through all RIBA Work Stages utilising the platform of components
Ensure designs meet all statutory, regulatory and company policy approvals (including all associated submission) and are compliant with Collida standards.
Assist the Digital Manager with development of the Collida Modelling Protocol.
Provide technical support to the development of the Collida platform.
Work with Collida colleagues, supply chain and external designers to implement P-DfMA principles into the Collida platform.
Support Willmott Dixon's sustainability objectives, including net zero carbon in use and reduction in the embodied carbon of our buildings.
- Assist the Digital Manager in the development of a Digital Implementation Plan for Collida.
Assist in the creation and implementation of approaches to deliver the Collida "design & procure in a day" vision.
Provide technical support on 4D and 5D implementation.
- Promote the Collida brand.
- Attend meetings as required nationally
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Designing in authoring packages including Revit.
- Understanding of the design and construction process· Designing in accordance with UK Building Regulations
- Must have experience acting as Lead Designer
- Must have experience of UK healthcare projects
- Understanding of architectural building systems and components
- Skilled in analytical thinking, modelling and rendering to support the design process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, deadlines and interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change and motivated by innovation
- Great collaborator and communicator - excellent verbal and written skills are important
- Graphic communication skills to support a variety of presentation media: presentation drawings, marketing materials, feasibility studies, etc. Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign skills
- Part III in Architecture
- Offsite / MMC experience preferred
- Ability to communicate new initiatives and achieve acceptance
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- consider the impact of your own actions on others
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation
- understand and address stakeholders' needs
- identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
You will be able to:
- prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
- constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
- recognise changes in circumstances promptly and adjust plans and activities accordingly
- take personal responsibility for making things happen
- find practical ways to overcome barriers
- manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are a family run business with true family values that are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our 'Why' is to build lives less ordinary and to be the contractor of choice for our customers, our people and our supply chain partners.
Our business is our people and we have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable growth and success year after year, underlined by us achieving 5th place in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company has ever achieved, we are the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2020 and have recently achieved the Platinum Investors in People accreditation.
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or travel allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognise and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.