Operations Manager (Customer Service Centre)
At the Department of Transport (DfT), we aim to deliver the very best in transportation standards across the UK. Our work is dynamic and challenging, affecting most of the country’s population every single day, not to mention the international freight industry, schools, businesses and hospitals. We need forward-thinking, innovative leaders to shape services that can make the UK a country that works for everyone.
This is a job-sharing role (18.5 hours) in which you’ll take on joint responsibility for the leadership and management of a Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency customer service centre. This includes our procedures, Certificate of Processional Competence (CPC) and Recording and Evidence (R&E) team, RSIS, and training. You’ll also be the joint lead for our Customer Service Excellence (CSE) and Contact Centre Accreditation (CCA)..
It’s a wide-ranging and challenging role that covers strategic direction but also considerable resource planning, quality control across our customer service teams and significant responsibilities in developing external relationships to help us meet our business targets.
- Make sure team members understand the CSC’s aims and objectives.
- Regularly review performance against agreed targets and standards.
- Identify and develop staff to support our succession planning.
- Embed a culture of continuous professional development.
- Improve contact centre service across the board.
- Draft procedure notices and play an active part in the development of procedures.
- Advise and guide our CPC R&E team.
- Make sure all training is effective and meets our business needs.
We’re looking for:
- Great communication skills with the ability to build and maintain networks.
- Highly motivated candidates who can drive projects forwards.
- Strong leaders who can coach and support teams towards development and growth.
- Confident stakeholder management skills to develop close working relationships with a range of people across the DVSA and beyond.
- Experience in managing change initiatives.
- Ability to plan and organise complex initiatives effectively.
At DfT, we offer our teams an excellent benefits package, including generous annual leave, a contributory pension, flexible working options, a range of family friendly policies as well as an employee discount scheme. We also offer a range of networking opportunities, coaching schemes from quality providers, as well as strong learning and development programmes.