Senior Estimator - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to join our Central South Construction team based in Farnborough however, we do have a satellite office in Oxford which we would consider candidates to be based from too. Reporting to the Principal Estimator, the successful candidate will manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (5th place), the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2020 and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development 2019. Willmott Dixon now has three Queen's Awards for Enterprise to recognise its role in preserving the environment and enhancing society's wellbeing. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
Key responsibilities of an Senior Estimator are:
- To manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen.
- To Identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
- To identify risks and input into project risk register.
- To price selected trades from first principles.
- To lead the supply chain enquiry process.
- To produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team.
- To conduct their role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives.
- To complete project take - offs.
- To lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
- To prepare whole life costing analysis.
- To prepare pre construction element of the project waste management plan.
- To Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic through successful bid and personal performance.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders.
- Have experience of various construction methods.
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Relevant degree.
- Use Conquest Estimating System or similar.
- Experience of taking off quantities up to SMM 7.
- Working towards MCIOB/RICS.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience with setbacks,
- State your position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- Identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others.
- Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
- We are happy to consider flexible working.
- We are a disability confident employers.