Proposal Manager - Flexible Working Available
We understand the importance of our new business team to the success of our business, so we are expanding our London & South team and recruiting a Proposals Manager. As Proposals Manager you will have technical construction knowledge and be able to create compelling winning tender submissions that clearly articulate our proposition.
Not only will you provide and implement creative ideas and initiatives into bids, you will also control and shape the bid proposals and manage the production of accurate, well presented bid documentation for tenders and commercially minded work programmes. With regular client liaison, you and the proposal team will provide de-risked, profitable, compliant, affordable bids in line with Willmott Dixon's strategic objectives.
Working agile and from our Weybridge office you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with our Business Development team to gather background information for future projects.
- Manage the 1st stage bid process in relation to the production of our quality submission which will include briefing and managing both external consultant input and that of our own team.
- Challenge the team to drive customer focused solutions.
- Brief the second stage team in order to successfully pass on the project to the next project phase and ensure customer focused continuity.
- Development of responses that are attractive, concise and bring out the benefits of our offer with a focus on the highest quality of language and technical accuracy.
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring consistency of responses in terms of themes, messages, key phrases and key words.
- Develop innovative ways of sharing and presenting information.
- Record, analyse and apply client bid feedback to future responses to drive continuous improvement.
- Can develop and advise on layout to create the best impact.
- A sound technical knowledge of construction from any discipline;
- An ability to manage a team and keep them focused on the 1st stage goals.
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of writing, copywriting and editing.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- A writing qualification or training.
- Degree in English or History.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Additional Information Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
We are a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are a family run business with true family values that are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our 'Why' is to build lives less ordinary and to be the contractor of choice for our customers, our people and our supply chain partners.
Our business is our people and we have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable growth and success year after year, underlined by us achieving 5th place in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company has ever achieved and we are the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2020.
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.