Digital Sales Controller
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Digital Sales team is responsible for the successful monetisation and ongoing revenue growth of all digital advertising opportunities at Sky Media. We’re dedicated to growing existing revenue lines as well as outperforming the market in key growth areas such as digital video and social monetisation. We are committed to unlocking the potential of all or our sales people to help them improve their skills and knowledge base and launch successful and fulfilling careers at Sky.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting to the Head of Digital, the Digital Sales Controller is a senior external and internal facing role responsible for maximising digital advertising revenue in all its forms.
- Collaborate with other Sky Media departments to help construct profitable long term relationships with agencies and advertiser
- Help define and intelligently articulate all digital ad opportunities available and oversee the selling and administration of relevant ad products
- Lead and develop a team of Sales Managers, Execs and Assistants to ensure best in class representation and pitching to our customers in order to maximise Video ad revenues for Sky Media
- Oversee all sales output from the digital sales team to ensure sales proposals are of the highest quality and that we are maximising investment from agencies
- Bring genuine insight into the overall sales strategy and the day to day sales output.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years + within the media industry
- In-depth understanding of digital (inc. programmatic) and/or VOD with linear TV knowledge desirable
- Experience of delivering against revenue targets
- Experience of driving revenue against emerging platforms or revenue streams
- Excellent sales background
- Experience of managing a team
Sky Media is the advertising sales arm of Sky, offering businesses of all shapes and sizes an exciting array of opportunities on TV, online and on the go. Reaching over 95% of the UK population, Sky Media represents all of Sky’s channels and sites including Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky One, Sky Cinema, Sky Arts, Sky Atlantic and Sky Witness. Sky Media also sells on behalf of a range of renowned broadcasters and channels including Channel 5, Discovery, National Geographic, MTV, FOX, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.