Business Development Specialist
An introduction to LettUs Grow
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative hardware and software solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
An introduction to the role:
LettUs Grow is committed to building a culture within the commercial team that is centered around maximising value to our customers. Our customers are the vertical farmers of tomorrow. They will be the ones growing and supplying food in a resilient and sustainable manner. Your role will help them do that!
As Business Development Specialist, you will work closely with key prospective customers. This is an exciting opportunity to motivate and work closely with customers starting and building their business, growing, and distributing healthy and nutritious fresh produce.
You will be a crucial member of our commercial team, specifically focused on supporting later stage leads in their purchasing decisions and commercial agreements with LettUs Grow.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for a passionate, self motivated and creative applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led start-up.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
This is not your typical sales role. We work with our prospective customers over a long time period, ensuring they are supported and heard throughout their purchasing journey. This can take months and in some circumstances over a year. As such, this role is not commission based. Sales roles at LettUs Grow are paid 100% of their salary, always. We believe this fosters authentic relationships with our prospective customers and a more sustainable working environment. This is an invested, purpose driven and long term position.
Salary is up to £30,000 per annum dependent upon experience, alongside a benefits package designed to foster your personal and professional development.
Sunday, January 31st, 2021
- Build upon customer relationships warmed by the Business Development Representative.
- Understand the core problem the prospective customer is trying to solve whilst communicating the technical proposition in detail.
- Attend off-site visits and produce feasibility studies, economic reports and proposals to lead a customer to an informed and educated decision point.
- Report on the key later stage pipeline metrics and closing/conversion rates.
- Communicate delivery timelines and appropriate support to the engineering team.
- Manage the sales CRM, providing transparent updates.
- Report market insights back into the business to inform product development.
Who are you?
- You are experienced in supporting a customer's purchasing journey. You are responsible, approachable and professional.
- You’re an attentive and empathetic listener with a desire to help others.
- You’re capable of communicating complex engineering, biological and business systems to a wide range of audiences.
- You’re a natural problem solver who enjoys a technical challenge.
- You truly believe in the LettUs Grow mission and want to provide our customers with sustainable agricultural solutions.
- You understand the importance of excellent customer relationships and you’re passionate about fostering honest and reputable partnerships with our customers.
What you need:
- Degree level education in science, engineering or business, or years of relevant technical experience.
- Professional experience in a sales role.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A confident and polite telephone, video call and in-person manner.
- Data literacy with experience using Google Workspace.
- Experience in a sales role selling technical products.
- Experience using sales CRM systems.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams.
- Ability to relay market and customer insights.
- Experience with emerging technologies.
- Experience selling products outside of the UK.
The position is full-time at 37.5 hours, based in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer.
LettUs Grow takes the safety of our employees very seriously and has implemented the necessary safety precautions in response to Covid-19. You will be given the necessary materials to work remotely as well as have access to our office, workshop and farm located in Bristol. This position will not be affected by any government issued lockdowns in response to the Coronavirus.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility, and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don't, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well-fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- A subscription to Blinkist with access to an online library of non fiction reading and audiobook material.
- Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.