The Financial Accounts Assistant is a key role within the Financial Accounts team. Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, this role is responsible for preparing revenue reports, reporting, and reviewing business rates and rents and reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts.
The role will work closely with the wide Site Finance Manager and Unit Managers to provide the support with calculation of various accruals and charges.
Full time position
Upto £24,000 per annum depending on experience
Fantastic benefits & discounts, free parking & great career opportunities
- Dealing with business rates – processing annual invoices, preparing monthly journals, liaising with relevant councils
- Reviewing and coding monthly and quarterly rent invoices and service charges (for both rent payable and rent receivable)
- Processing monthly accruals and prepayment journals for rents and rates
- Preparing monthly revenue reports for external partners
- Reporting retail sales for franchise fees purposes
- Preparing Turnover Certificates for external partners
- Calculating various rebates and override discounts and preparing invoice requests
- Preparing ATM Cardtronics accruals and invoice requests
- Reconciling Waitrose payroll monthly charges and invoices
- Reconciling Gamezone rent monthly invoices
- Reconciling designated Balance Sheet accounts for period end
- Assisting with external auditor information requests
- Providing cover for colleagues as necessary
Qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
- A good knowledge of excel
- Good numeracy skills
- Great attention to details
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, both within the company and with external suppliers
- Previous experience in finance or relevant accounting degree or qualification
- Computer literate
- Be solution orientated able to work through obstacles to an optimal solution.
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and ensure successful delivery of responsibilities on time.
- Ability and confidence to provide proactive support and advice to multiple business partners.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th January 2021