Business Development Director - E&U
Atos offers flexible working so please discuss requirements with us
Business Development Director - E&U
Location: UK Wide, UK Wide, GB
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy and Unify.
What are we looking for?
We are recruiting for a Business Development specialist to identify, shape and qualify new deals typically in the value of £20-50m across the E&U space.
This role is independent of service line, candidates must be able to identify, shape and qualify multi-service deals across the whole Atos portfolio including analytics, digital, managed services/ITO, BPO, consultancy, and cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a 60/40 skill split. Where 60% is a background of selling across the Energy and Utilities offering set.
The focus for this role is to target Energy and Utilities clients within the UKI market. The person should consistently develop, identify and qualify new business pipeline for their dedicated market.
The Successful applicant will need:
- To understand and articulate customer’s key business objectives and challenges and be able to match Atos solutions required to support objectives and solve challenges at C level to win business
- To translate business requirements into solid proposals, and to translate complex IT and engineering issues & solutions back into the business language of the client
- Assemble and lead sales focused, output driven teams inside Atos working with key Partners, to win multi-year engineering and IT opportunities in the E&U space
- To build a BD and Execution plan for each BD target account
- Be accountable for developing business in territory and within the E&U space, achieving or exceeding sales conversion targets
- Develop and close opportunities based on a value proposition rather than the lowest price
- Building and handling pipeline from opportunity identification to solution development, proposal and close
- To qualify early on where neither Atos nor customer will benefit from working together, to minimise wasting resources including time and money and focusing on what delivers the best value to Atos and client
- To bring key client relationships based on successful track record of sales completion and use network of suppliers, partners and clients to maximise BD opportunities
- Winning mentality
- Embrace and be proficient at using standard tools and methodology of sales community to develop new business
- Focus on qualifying each opportunity continually from moment of discovery and work with Business Development Director, Sales Director and Client Executive Partner to agree what should be pursued or dropped
- To effectively achieve a BD Scorecard and participate fully in the industry itself and wider Sales Community
- To take ownership of achieving Personal Development Plan
- To qualify sales opportunity effectively and work well with service lines and global RTL team to build relevant solutions promptly
- Create clear win plans including marketing to close opportunity
- To know what will differentiate us on every pursued opportunity
- Working with other teams in Atos successfully to formulate winning responses
- Seek coaching and mentoring from the sector Business Development Director, SVP and VP Sales, Sector Heads and actively request field sales accompaniment
- To forecast accurately and on a timely basis
- To follow the accurate internal process to help handle risk to Atos and the client and work the internal system so that there is maximum time spent in front of the customer
- To understand competitive environment and put strategy in place that out manoeuvres competition
- Take Service Line Leadership team and presales organisation out to see clients early in the sales cycle, so they can support, gain good understanding of client requirements, build winning solutions and help to qualify opportunity before it gets to PURSUIT stage of Rainbow
- Identify, qualify and develop strategic business with long sales cycles and sophisticated partner maps
- To gather all Contact Data cleanly in the CRM tool and use it effectively to share knowledge and store the progress of opportunities
- Creation, identification and development of key opportunities
- To articulate a strategic Partner/Alliance strategy and apply it to develop incremental business with the right partners to deliver incremental revenue
- Crafting, identifying, recognising and leading sales / solution growth opportunities across the territory
- Maximise the sales opportunity by ensuring that Atos full capability is deployed; design, build, operate and aligned to the relevant sector on each opportunity
- To be able to enroll Atos resources, either internal or external in support of sales opportunities to close new business, as well as to navigate and co-ordinate those resources to reduce complexity and cycle time
Enhance the brand
- To actively pursue references from closed opportunities and work with marketing to develop case studies
Key Success Factors
- To exceed overall BDM TCV target
- By the end of H1 to be at least 50% of total BDM TCV target
- To apply sales training to win more and be actively practicing it in the field
- To actively be using the CRM system with entire customer contact data submitted cleanly
- Customer CIO/C Level executives to recommend Atos
- Performance of the business development manager against sales target by doing the ‘right things’
- Enroll reference customers with business value case studies for solutions and relationship
- Willingness of customer for further investment in Atos services
- Potential projects uncovered, pipeline growth across brands and services
- Improve performance whilst reducing costs, theirs and ours
- Customer looks to Atos for strategic advisory expertise.
You will need:
- Direct experience and evidence of generating multi service deals in the region of £20-50m is crucial.
- Experience of navigating through internal governance and compliance within a complex matrix organization.
- To be focused in approach to winning to make it a repeatable formula
- To be the best they can be to deliver and exceed targets!
- Competent in producing detailed proposals and written reports, as well as in preparing and delivering winning presentations
- Create innovative solutions and be able to present these to large audiences.
- A solid knowledge of IT Solutions for business benefit
- To be able to communicate Atos value effectively at all levels including C level, understanding customer’s core values and application of Atos core values
- To deliver solutions that increase customer satisfaction and investment in Atos
- To handle internal and external partners effectively
- Ability to continually build trust, sustain it and empower people internally and externally to support you
- Ability to communicate Atos good and bad news effectively
- Broad view of industry, competitors and other relevant industries
- Ability to innovate with people, solutions and process in a pragmatic way
- To be able to build rapport and win hearts and minds quickly
- To have the ability to enhance Atos reputation with the customer and increase brand awareness and value
- To have frequent ongoing contact with key people who impact decisions on projects, business and IT strategy
- Must be able to handle complexity!
- To be able to build unique competencies and with required resources differentiate Atos from the competition
Here at Atos, we want all of our people to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be themselves at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have built a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Atos offers flexible working, a competitive salary, employee benefits including pension, life insurarance, private healthcare and more.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.