Senior Trading Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Our team drives the in-quarter performance analysis to deliver profitable subscriber growth by working with core functions in the business. If you are forward looking, love working in a fast-phased environment and enjoy facilitating the business to exceed targets, then Sky is the place for you!” – Controller of Trading Performance
What you’ll do:
– Be the specialist in Trading Performance for your area. Have a deep understanding of the drivers of trading performance from Demand, Competition down to route-to-market level.
– Understanding the drivers and what influences these drivers, developing ideas to improve Trading Performance across all drivers.
– Using large and complex data, simplifying trends and articulating performance in a timely manner. Including root-cause diagnosis of any over or under performance.
– Deliver accurate forecasts using the latest tools and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting.
– Create an effective trading performance management structure, including necessary trading meetings and insight packs and ensure that the implications of week to week performance movements are incorporated into the forecast and remedial actions triggered
– Make recommendations to the HOD, Director of Performance, MD Trading and Head of Commercial to ensure the business continues to grow and flourish; generating revenue, customer and profit growth.
What you’ll bring:
– Able to present work up to the MD Trading, with excellent presentation skills
– Working collaboratively a product owners, CSG and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
– Great people manager – Able to build a team, coach and mentor a mix of individuals to deliver results
– Results driven mentality and able to continually critique and optimise performance
The newly created Commercial Group is responsible for driving customer value & satisfaction within the UK. This includes developing all pricing, packaging and commercial propositions, customer value management, below the line marketing, go-to-market & route-to-market strategy, and in-quarter trading & performance.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.