Finance Controller – Qualified Accountant – Part-Time
About Juniper Place:
Juniper Place is a technology-led investor intelligence platform that transforms the nature of asset raising for alternative asset managers and investors. We provide our clients with the insight to enable them to segment and precisely target only those investors where there is genuine mutual interest. As part of this service, we offer bespoke investor intelligence, advisory and placement services. Juniper Place is a fast-moving scale-up where your contribution will have a tangible impact.
For additional information on Juniper Place please visit: www.juniperplace.com
Part-time (minimum 16 hours per week), ideally across 2-3 days per week. Flexible working hours to fit lifestyle.
Due to the current pandemic, we’ve implemented a policy of remote-first working across the firm. This means we’re comfortable with you working from home, wherever that may be.
£50k - £70k FTE, dependent on experience
The role and responsibilities:
You’ll be taking responsibility for the finance function, including accounting, tax, payroll operations, and maintenance of systems, controls, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary
- Liaise with external accountants for preparation of annual financial accounts
- Monthly book-keeping (via Xero)
- Process invoices
- Process payments (via RecieptBank)
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Credit control
- Cashflow reporting
- Develop and execute roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function and safeguard assets.
- Contribute to the company’s overall strategy and direction
- Advise external payroll agent
- Validate payroll details, distribute monthly payslips etc.
- Deal with team HR queries and wellbeing
The successful applicant:
We are looking for an experienced candidate who can contribute their energy, experience, and vision to help us scale. The candidate will report directly to the CEO, and be responsible for building and managing our finance function. The successful applicant will be a 3+ years post-qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) seeking a challenging and engaging opportunity with flexible working hours. Ideally you will have relevant experience within a fast-paced environment. Knowledge and experience of working with Xero is also required, as well as outstanding attention to detail and excellent communication skills. We welcome a positive attitude: 'can do' approach and willingness to give everything a go from process automation to larger strategic projects.
If interested, please do not delay applying as CVs will be reviewed daily. In your covering letter please outline why you are interested in the role and your relevant experience.
- Strong academic background
- Accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience in scaling start-ups
- Experience with Xero accounting software
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel