Business Development Manager - Flexible Working Available
Location: Nationwide, working from home with occasional travel to Cumbria and other sites.
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Nuclear business unit for an ambitious and talented Business Development Manager to join our expanding Business Winning Team.
The Business Development Manager will lead the implementation of Morgan Sindall’s business development strategy entailing developing and maintaining a network of contacts with specialist consultants and suppliers to position Morgan Sindall to bid and secure projects and frameworks as required on a local basis.
- Identify potential new business opportunities, analyse and evaluate them supported by market intelligence. Create a capture plan per opportunity.
- Implement, lead and oversee the delivery of a portfolio of Capture plans.
- Develop a clear set of plans and activities to promote the Morgan Sindall brand and support Morgan Sindall in raising our profile to position for new opportunities.
- Monitor the marketplace/trends and keep abreast of market needs and conditions including knowledge of government initiatives on procurement and value-for-money
- Proactively build a strong network of contacts in the marketplace and across Morgan Sindall Group
- Work with senior leaders in Morgan Sindall in developing a plan to build relationships with key influencers to support work winning
- Support the delivery of Morgan Sindall key account and account management strategies for named customers. Understand the customer’s needs and provide appropriate reporting information
- Work with other Morgan Sindall Group companies to deliver a consistent joined-up approach to the market and key customers
- Develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities (ensuring internal systems are updated) for the business and ensure that win themes are developed, agreed and implemented in PQQs and tenders
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the latest thinking in nuclear and related sectors
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of identifying, evaluating, winning and delivering work in construction.
- A good network of key contacts in the market such as customers, designers, consultants, influencers and government agencies
- Track record of developing relationships and developing win plans to support winning work
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with th Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.