Development Project Manager – eCommerce
1 day left
- Contract Type
About the Team
Our eCommerce website and apps have grown steadily over the past 10 years to become one of the largest online retail platforms in the UK. We currently sell to 70 international markets, offering our 6 million active customers a personalised shopping experience and the ability to purchase a wide range of products using multiple delivery methods.
The Development Project Manager will support this area of the business in a varied role covering the front end development of our website, looking after the innovation and tagging team as well as leading on a high profile Cookie compliance project.
The role has lots of interaction with the wider marketing and eCommerce teams so we’re looking for someone with excellent project management and communication skills. We're also looking for someone who has the ability to manage product owners and keep projects on time and in line with strict business standards.
About the Role
You will manage and deliver a portfolio of application development projects from start to finish within agreed budget and timings. You will also be responsible for managing a development team to ensure the most efficient resources for our Technical Debt projects, ensuring we comply with policies and that business interests are managed and satisfied.
You will oversee all aspects of project delivery in a highly collaborative and agile framework, providing on-going communication to ensure that progress is transparent and aligned to the quality and standards expected by the business, user and IT governance.
This role demands strong leadership skills and technical ability aligned with excellent management and communication.
You will also:
- Oversee all stages of project delivery
- Oversee accounting, estimating and billing for all project resources used
- Provide timely and effective communication on progress or issues
- Agree appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied
- Actively manage all risks, issues and key decisions within the projects
- Ensure quality and governance processes are followed and that NEXT standards are met
- Ensure the integrity, availability and security of information systems
Establish project scope by:
- Studying strategic business drivers
- Discovering and validating business requirements
- Obtaining input from subject-matter experts
- Examining and recommending changes to current business practices
- Proving feasibility by developing and writing proposals
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Developers to consistently deliver the highest standards of service required by the business.
Criteria About You
- Proven track record in a Technical environment
- Extensive experience of managing complex projects and portfolios
- Strong Senior stakeholder management experience
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads in a demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with an eCommerce or marketing environment previously
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!