Risk Programme Manager
Are you an amazing communicator? Can you wow with your risk programme management experience? Do you love defining and delivering end to end programmes? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
We are embarking on a 5-year transformation and have a number of large scale programmes. As a Programme Manager working with our Risk function, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Bank to deliver a business critical Risk change programme. You have the skills and experience to help business owners to define and deliver the end to end programme to the agreed time, cost and quality outcomes. Stakeholder management and communication will be second nature to you. You will lead, making sure the programme and its project work streams follow the Metro Bank change methodology, meaning that we can differentiate ourselves in the market.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with stakeholders across the Bank to define and deliver a Risk change programme
• Planning, sequencing and delivery of business change work streams
• Setting objectives, reporting progress and carefully managing delivery risks and dependencies
• Engaging with a range of third parties to support the effective delivery of the programme
• Managing the scope of the programme
• Making sure the overall solution is future proofed to meet our vision
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• An understanding of Risk change delivery in Retail banking, including IRB, IFRS9, Financial Crime, Minimum Standards
• Naturally, you will have experience working a Programme Manager within retail banking
• We need you to have experience engaging with external parties and regulators
• You will have experience defining and delivering large scale Risk programmes and will be willing and able to get your hands dirty
• Experience working with colleagues at Director or C-Level is essential
• You will have previous experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies, with budget ownership of £5m+
• It is really important that you have experience anticipating, identifying and managing risks in programme delivery
• You will understand how to set up programmes for success from the beginning and how to appropriately structure and govern for success
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!