Head of Supplier Commercial Management - 10 Month FTC - Flexible Working Available
Are you a commercially focused contract & supplier management expert? Do you want to build Metro Bank’s Supplier Commercial Management function from scratch, and lead the new team? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As our Head of Supplier Commercial Management, you will lead the team responsible for the P&L management of our supplier base, responsible for an annual spend of >£250m. You and your team will build relationships with our key suppliers and ensure they are effectively managed. This is a new role, leading a new function, which you will build and shape, working with members of our senior leadership team. You will also develop and lead the Bank’s Software Asset Management capability.
So what would you be doing?...
• Building and leading a team of high performing individuals
• Developing the Bank’s framework, standards systems & processes for Commercial Supplier Management and Software Asset Management
• Acting as Metro Bank’s commercial relationship lead for our entire supplier base
• Developing and managing supplier budgets and overseeing spend approval
• Working closely with colleagues in Finance on long term planning
• Making sure all supplier spend is tracked & forecast and that cost drivers are clearly understood and managed
• Effectively managing suppliers – to control & optimize costs, negotiate pricing and manage change
• Fostering the development of long-term relationship strategies to maximize commercial opportunities and encourage innovation
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Show that you can build our capability from scratch and lead the team – you’ll previously have led a supplier management team, or perhaps a large category team and will be able to show how you developed it
• Develop solid relationships with key suppliers – your team will lead commercial relationships across our supplier base
• Show the gravitas and credibility to lead the team, work with our executive team – and act as a senior point of escalation for key suppliers
• Understand Software Asset Management…and the opportunities and pitfalls that go with it
• In order to hit the ground running you’ll need experience of vendor management across all categories in Financial Services especially IT and Technology – and understand supplier relationship management, contracts and contract management
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
- Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!