Lead UX Designer - Online Banking - Flexible Working Available
Metro Bank may be a Bank, but there’s something that makes us different from other Banks: our people.
We believe that people come first, and that everyone deserves a great experience every step of the way – whether it’s face to face, online or on our app. We were rated #1 for our store and digital services in the latest CMA service quality survey.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in summer 2010, the first high street Bank to open in the UK for over 100 years. We reached 2 million customers in 2019. We started a revolution, a real game changer and we’re continuously innovating to create magic moments for our customers, in store and digitally.
About the role
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to lead Online Banking. We want someone who is passionate about creating delightful experiences for our customers, being a systems thinker but designing for the moment. You will play a key role in championing our retail and commercial customers and develop and deliver an outstanding online banking offering to them. Your team currently consists of a UX and UI designer but might grow in the future. You will be leading and mentoring the UX designer and working very closely with a UI designer. The role requires close alignment with the mobile banking and other online teams to ensure consistency across all customer touchpoints.
So what would you be doing?...
• Taking ownership of an idea from the initial phase to the final product
• Practising of design thinking and being hands-on with user research, problem defining and leading cross functional workshops
• Prototyping new features and improving existing functionality through user journeys, information architecture, wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups - collaborating with the UX and UI Leads to create a consistent cross-platform design system
• Taking accountability for design quality and cohesion across your projects
• Working closely with our product, tech and propositions teams designing and delivering outstanding feature improvements and advocating UX across your team and the wider business
• Liaising with other UX Leads to make sure consistency across products and platforms
• Championing best practices for products and services across the Bank’s digital platforms
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
• True team player who sees things through end to end
• Creative thinker with highly analytical mindset
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have a breadth of design knowledge and experience working as a Senior UX Designer who is looking to take a step up
• You need to have experience with using analytics software, such as google analytics, to be able to define relevant UX metrics for your area and measure them over time
• You must be comfortable engaging with stakeholders to formulate ideas, identify improvements and share learnings, as well as acting as the voice of the user in product decisions
• You need to have experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, throughout the product development lifecycle
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have the ability to work on multiple complex platforms, including both legacy and new platforms
• It would be amazing if you have previous experience in online banking platforms and working with design systems
• Ideally, you will have previous experience leading, mentoring or coaching a team of Designers