Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We have immediate opportunities to provide support workers to provide vital support to people with a learning disability through this tough time. We're recruiting full time, part time permanent and bank Support Workers across the UK now!
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do.
With us, it's never ‘just a job'. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay.
What does a Support Worker do?
As a Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
- Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
- Supporting people to live independently - budget management, paying bills, house work, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
- Excellent communication skills/relationship building - supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
- Community & Social Inclusion- Supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and Social events to promote life skills and individuality.
- Mencap try to ensure continuity of care to the people we support, but at times, you may be required to work within any other Mencap service. You will be required to work daytime hours and waking nights, including bank holidays and weekends.
- To work with a young lady who likes music, fashion, going out and about, accessing activities in the local community when possible, watching her favourite programmes on t.v, spending time with her family.
- Supporting to follow a healthy lifestyle, Healthy eating and exercise.
- Support with health care appointments, medication.
- Supporting with the Upkeep of her home and tenancy.
- Encouraging and supporting family involvement, maintaining positive relationships.
- Working as part of a team and communicating well within the team and with others.
- Keeping concise records, being involved in team meetings.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
No two days are never the same, sometimes they may be challenging but always positive so apply now to be considered!
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
JOB ID : 20929