Risk Assurance Manager - Flexible Working Available
Do you have in depth experience in risk and compliance assurance activity? Can you quickly make sense of complex regulations and assess the bank’s compliance with these? Can you demonstrate a track record of working at pace and managing multiple tasks whilst delivering high quality every time? If yes, then we may have the role for you.
As a Risk Assurance Manager, you will work as part of a team responsible for delivering Metro Bank’s annual assurance plan ensuring regulation, policies and procedures are being applied appropriately, whilst always looking for ways to improve processes. You will achieve this by completing deep dive, thematic and monitoring reviews right across the bank.
So what would you be doing?...
• Undertaking end to end compliance and risk assurance reviews including deep dives, thematic and control testing
• Providing assurance around control effectiveness adherence to regulations, procedures and policies
• Follow up of remediation of issues raised across reviews
• Providing oversight and assurance of the front line though sampling, testing, deep dives, thematic reviews and data gathering and analysis to ensure that policies and procedures are being applied appropriately and the regulators’ expectations are being met
• Identifying opportunities through assurance work to support the improvement of processes
• Working with colleagues across the front line, assessing their identification of risks and mitigating controls and providing guidance where improvements are needed
• Identifying areas where systemic failures could occur and undertaking thematic reviews where appropriate
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Experienced in scoping and completing assurance reviews end to end including testing, sampling and review of processes to mitigate risk
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Expert knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements relevant to a retail bank
• Excellent understanding of the relevant regulator handbooks
• Able to give colleagues guidance to meet regulatory requirements
• Good knowledge of risk assessment methodology, tools and processes
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills including the ability to influence senior stakeholders
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!