Legal Counsel (part time) London
Goodstone is looking to hire an in-house Legal Counsel to manage corporate governance and legal affairs on a part-time / flexible basis (2-3 days per week).
This is an excellent opportunity to join an active specialist real estate investment management business and gain exposure to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere with significant opportunity for growth.
About the role
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- Managing all legal matters related to the business’ commercial contracts, legislative requirements and commercial law compliance
- Reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including NDAs, outsourced service agreements, engagement letters, office leases etc.
- Coordinating and managing the provision of external legal advice relating to real estate transactions
- Managing internal controls and processes relating to approval and signing of contracts
- Corporate governance and co-secretarial responsibilities
- Administering, attending, and minuting board and company meetings
- Reviewing, updating and implementing company policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective governance and risk management
Potential to expand the scope of this role in-line with business growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High achievement drive
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts gained either in an established in-house legal team or a leading private practice firm
- Experience managing people, workstreams and transactions
- +5 years of post-qualification experience as a corporate lawyer
- Real estate experience preferred (particularly in the residential and development sectors)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and identify areas of risk
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Strong organisational skills and can multitask within tight timelines
- Ability to work flexibly within a corporate and entrepreneurial environment
This is a great opportunity for a returner candidate. If you've been on a career break for more than 18 months, we'd like to hear from you. We're interested in hiring great talent with relevant experience.
Established in 2020, Goodstone is a specialist UK build-to-rent residential management business. The full-service platform acquires, develops, manages and operates high quality rental property in London and key regional cities on behalf of its institutional capital partners.
The business’ senior management team has over 25 years average experience in the UK residential sector and has extensive residential development and operational expertise.
The business is focused on delivering and operating sustainable housing that is purposely designed and professionally managed for our residents. The company’s ambition is to become the UK’s leading specialist manager of BTR residential communities and is seeking to assemble a high-quality portfolio by developing sites, acquiring stabilised assets, entering into forward funding arrangements and corporate M&A opportunities.
The business is owned by Macquarie Group and senior management.