Senior Resourcing Partner
About the job Summary
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
Are you a passionate and engaging recruitment specialist with excellent knowledge and understanding of resourcing tools and strategies?
Are you an individual that thrives on identifying and implementing new ways of working whilst demonstrating a high level of stakeholder management?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
The Department for Transport (DfT) Resourcing Group (DRG), is a core central HR service supporting the central department and DfT's executive agencies with their recruitment activity. We use our expertise to drive, navigate and steer our managers through the recruitment journey.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our fantastic team of expert Recruiters. You will provide your team with positive and strategic leadership, creating a culture of innovation and building capability to deliver a value add and quality service that meets customer expectations. To achieve this, you will act as the relationship manager between DfT Resourcing Group (DRG) and our customers building strong working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the Department. You will work very closely with our vacancy holders to provide an effective and inclusive recruitment service that meets business needs and quality standards.
You will have the opportunity to lead our external resourcing partners to collaboratively achieve successful outcomes for our customers and the department as well as having the opportunity to lead in various exciting projects to deliver new and innovative resourcing strategies as we strive to improve the candidate and vacancy holder experience.
Includes but not limited to:
• Lead and manage your team of Resourcing Partners to deliver a professional expert resourcing service which is aligned to business priorities.
• Ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective Resourcing channels and methods are used maximising return on investment.
• Contribute to the delivery of a DRG change programme to provide an expert recruitment service, improving the quality and diversity of the candidates as well as improving the candidate and vacancy holder experience.
• Build collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to streamline processes, reduce handoffs and reduce timelines for recruitment.
• Work in partnership with Resource Leads, HRBPs and key business stakeholders to ensure that the ongoing service and change initiatives meet their business needs.
• Network within DfT and cross government; develop and maintain relationships by building on best practice and providing advice on resourcing activities and improvements.
• Create opportunities to build capability within your team and work with key stakeholders to build capability across DfT.
• Work alongside Operational Leaders across the team to build overall capability of the operational team and provide an expert service and continuity of service to customers across the DfT family.
You will come with experience of working in the recruitment sector, with good knowledge and understanding of inclusive attraction, application, sifting and selection tools and processes. You will be adaptable and flexible handling the challenges of a demanding workload and have a drive and energy for continuous improvement. You will bring strong relationship-building and influencing skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong links with your stakeholders. You will be an excellent communicator, a strong leader and enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of people.
If you have the desire to make a difference and shape future department recruitment campaigns, we would like to hear from you.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
Things you need to know Security
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
The Civil Service Nationality Rules has been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. The new rules will come into effect on 1st January 2021. We urge people from the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland to be familiar with the updated Nationality rules prior to applying for this role.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
How to Apply
When considering applying please look at how your experience relates to the role, and within your CV and Personal Statement please provide detailed evidence of your experience of the following:
• Proven experience in working in a recruitment operational environment
• Knowledge of recruitment technology platforms including Applicant Tracking Systems.
• Evidence of planning/scoping and running recruitment projects including candidate management and attraction an assessment strategy.
• Proven experience collaborating and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders driving service improvements and influencing decision making.
• Excellent leadership and development skills.
Sift & Interview Dates
The sift is due to take place w/c 12th April 2021
Interviews are due to take place w/c 19th April 2021
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview
• an interview and a technical exercise (eg presentation, written, or coding exercise etc)
• a full day of activities including interactive, written and timed exercises
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
For further information on Success Profiles visit our Careers website
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : Eddie March Email : Eddie.March@dft.gov.uk Recruitment team : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org