We are looking for an experienced Admin Assistant to support the Central Finance and HR teams.
Position: Administration Assistant (HR & Finance)
Location: Head Office in Dudley
Salary: Starting salary £18,426 (dependant on experience)
Hours: 35 hours
Benefits: 28 days’ annual leave, 6% pension contribution, flexible and remote working opportunities, occupational sick pay, eye care vouchers.
Closing Date: 26th April
The Finance and HR Admin Assistant is responsible for ensuring that all invoices are paid on time and all members of staff are paid correctly, within agreed timescales and ensuring paperwork for new staff is completed and processed in an accurate and timely manner. This role would also require the candidate to assist with HR administration tasks including DBS checks.
Main duties include:
- Enter invoices due for payment into the Charity's Online Banking system
- Ensuring the charity’s Accounts Payable system is maintained
- To assist in maintaining the charity’s Nominal Ledger accounting system
- Reconciliation of monthly Petty Cash spreadsheet(s) and producing monthly imprest claims
- Ensuring all relevant forms are filled in by new starters
- Assist Finance Manager with payroll administration
- Collect holiday and sickness/absence data from HR system
- Collect expenses claims and refer to relevant Line Manager for approval
- Adding new employees details to HR system
- Assisting HR Department with administration duties; offer letters, issuing contracts of employment
- Keeping record of staff files and updating them as required
- Managing the DBS process.
- Checking and maintaining supply of stock of stationery and other items
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, professional Admin Assistant, with a great approach and interpersonal skills. You will be a confident communicator with a willingness to learn and support the team.
You will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of payroll and using accounting system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages with intermediate Excel skills
- Good knowledge and accounting experience of raising invoices, payroll
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to engage and communicate confidently via phone, email, and in person
- The ability to manage a varied workload
This post requires a basic DBS check obtained through Gordon Moody.
About the Organisation
This registered charity has nearly 50 years’ experience in providing residential support and treatment for people who are severely addicted to gambling. They provide advice, education and high quality innovative therapeutic support to problem gamblers and those affected by gambling, through residential, online and outreach services.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in its workforce.
You may have experience in areas such as Administration, Admin, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administration Assistant, HR Assistant, HR Admin Assistant, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin Assistant, HR and Finance Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR, Human Resources, Invoice Assistant, Invoice, Accounts Payable, Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Payroll, Payroll Assistant.