Marketing and Communications Manager
Communications and Engagement Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Communications & Engagement Manager to manage and deliver a communications and engagement strategy. This is a brand new, exciting role, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to put their stamp on communications. You will be a confident self-starter, who is good at looking for solutions, a great-people person and brilliant planner.
Position: Communications and Engagement Manager
Location: Central London - Currently home-based due to Covid restrictions with an opportunity to work flexibly from the central London office when allowed
Hours: Full Time (37.5hrs per week)
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 pa
Benefits: 25 days per year (not including bank holidays) pension, free annual flu jabs and annual sight tests, cycle to work scheme, ½ day a month entitlement to volunteer for a charity of your choice in work time, interest-free annual travel card loans, an employee assistance programme, staff discount scheme, support for external mentoring, free fruit every week and scope for flexible working.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27 April at 5pm
First Interviews: Wednesday 12 May
Second Interviews: Monday 18 May
It’s a really exciting time to be involved with this ambitious and growing organisation that’s
committed to bringing the property sector together to create real social change. This is a great opportunity for a communications and marketing professional with good experience across the whole mix including digital, social media, brand and PR. Ideally with charity sector experience but certainly with a keen interest in the cause and passion for communications for good.
The Communications and Engagement Manager will deliver the communications and engagement strategy with both the property industry and the homelessness sector. Working closely with the Head of Communications and Engagement, you’ll deliver an ambitious strategy to improve and amplify the communications over the next three years.
You’ll work closely across the organisation:
- Delivering marketing campaigns with the Events team
- Developing bespoke engagement plans with the Corporate Partnerships Team
- Working with Programmes & Impact to develop and communicate the difference the organisation is making
- Working with the CEO and DCEO to build their personal brands in the industry
As Communications and Engagement Manager, you will have a relevant marketing or communications qualification or relevant experience in a similar role. You will have:
- An informed interest in communications and engagement
- Knowledge of fundraising and experience of working with fundraising teams
- Knowledge of the media landscape and experience of securing media coverage
- Experience of delivering a successful communications strategy
- Demonstrable success of working with external agencies and internal departments to deliver marketing and communications campaigns, ideally with a social purpose
- Experience of monitoring and analysing communications activity against objectives
- Experience of delivering digital communications and increasing engagement through these
- Excellent written communication skills with experience of tailoring writing for different audiences and channels
- Excellent project management skills
The charity has an ambitious mission to end youth homelessness, so it’s an exciting time to join this dynamic and growing organisation. Along with an excellent benefits package, there are career development and flexible working opportunities.
About the Organisation
As the property industry’s charity working to end youth homelessness in the UK, the organisation brings remarkable businesses and individuals from across the property industry together to support charities providing accommodation for young people who are or have been homeless, or who are at risk of homelessness in the future. Through a unique network of corporate partners, it invests funding and expertise where to achieve lasting impact.
You may also have experience in areas such as Communications, Communications and Engagement, Engagement, Digital, Digital Communications, Content, Corporate Partnerships, Supporter Engagement, Fundraising, Supporter, Programme, Programme Manager, Homelessness, Vulnerable Adult, Housing, Policy, Media, Donor, Major Donor, Marketing, Marketing and Communications, Marketing and Digital, Digital Communication, Digital Engagement, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Brand, PR, Public Relations, External Relations.