First Line Television Support
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
* You will be responsible for providing first line support of Sky's TV Products & Content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Platform Control optimises the customer experience by managing faults and quickly restoring service in line with the company's commitment to provide 'content worth paying for'. This position is an excellent fit for a recent graduate looking to start a tech career in a brilliant media company.
What you'll do:
* To ensure effective operation of our diverse range of broadcast systems and the timely detection and resolution of faults in order to achieve the highest possible service availability for our customers.
* Drive incident resolution and effectively manage communications to ensure everyone remains informed and reassured during incidents.
* Perform a range of proactive checks that predict and prevent platform incidents
* Quickly assimilate new services and ways of working to support continual change
* Seek ways to improve processes and drive availability.
What you'll bring:
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Experience interrogating monitoring systems
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Ability to apply Known Fixes
* Confident escalating Technical Issues
* Strong reporting/logging skills
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:There are First Line Support roles in 2 locations for this department
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Sky Chilworth is just north of Southampton. The nearest train station is Southampton Airport Parkway. A bus runs from Southampton to Chilworth Science Park. If your driving it's close to the M3 and M27 and there is plenty of onsite parking.
On campus you'll find a subsidised restaurant and small gym
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to support you as much as we can with the option to swap shifts with other team members.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.