Software Engineer | I&WT - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on sophisticated problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and build innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Protection Lab is passionate about making it easy for our customers to understand their Protection needs and plan for the unexpected events in life. We do this by providing accessible, marketing leading products and services to our customers that evolve with them.
We've created a cloud native platform which will form the basis for the evolution of the Protection business going forward, and we have ambitious plans to develop this over the next few years.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer you'll play a pivotal role in the future of our product development, shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology. On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team which will:
- Build and launch new financial products
- Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
You will be part of a cross-disciplinary feature team, in addition to being a key member of our wider Lloyds engineering team. As part of these teams, you will demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
You'll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- You'll write modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- You'll contribute to setting the strategic direction for how applications are developed within the team.
- You'll ensure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community.
- You'll understand and apply industry innovation, and the sharing of knowledge to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure the implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- You'll mentor and develop your colleagues, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- You'll also ensure applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices.
What we need from you:
- You'll demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills whilst working
- Able to demonstrate the ability to write modularised and testable code.
- You'll have a solid understanding of Git, source code management and managing change.
- You'll know about agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium)
- You'll also have an understanding of how to design high-availability / performant applications.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll contribute up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...