We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to proactively support and assist the Communar at a local Cathedral.
Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Chichester, with flexible and home working considered
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £33,000 pa
Benefits: Pension contribution, 34 days’ leave including Bank Holidays, Employee Assistance Programme, Free onsite parking and flexible working opportunities
Closing Date: 5pm 4 May
First interview: 13 May
Second interview: 21 May
The Executive Assistant position is an exciting, hands on role providing proactive support to the Cathedral’s Communar, Chapter and leadership team and its associated committees and institutions. You will assist in facilitating the smooth running of Cathedral processes, and delivering assigned projects including the forthcoming registration of the Cathedral with the Charity Commission.
- Proactively manage the Chapter’s governance responsibilities, meetings and papers
- Managing other governance bodies including the Cathedral Council, Fabric Advisory Committee, Finance Committee, College of Canons, St Mary’s Hospital, Morse Boycott and Traditional Choir Trusts.
- Operating with a high level of autonomy, liaising with others to research and create committee content, drafting of papers, reports, presentations and correspondence for review.
- Lead the registration of the Cathedral with the Charity Commission in the new Cathedrals Measure.
- Supporting the management of the Cathedral’s safeguarding responsibilities.
- Database administration support.
- Development of office information sharing and collaborative working capabilities including intranet.
- Managing and administering other medium scale projects and processes as required.
- Supporting the Communar and sometimes other senior staff and clergy with regard to diary management, venue booking, meeting management and other administrative support.
- Elements of office management and administration as required.
As Executive Assistant, you will have a desire to understand and engage with the Cathedral’s Christian mission and comfort in supporting its role as a living church.
You will have experience of:
- Working in similar role
- Working closely with senior staff and board members
- Building and managing effective relationships with a range of stakeholders in complex organisations
You will have:
- The ability to assimilate and present information effectively
- Evidence of creativity and innovation
- High level of organisational and IT
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- The ability to follow and interpret board or committee meetings and to produce accurate minutes
Experience of charity governance would be an advantage in this role.
About the Organisation
The Cathedral is a living, working place of worship that has been at the centre of life in Chichester for over nine centuries. It is the Mother Church of the Diocese of Chichester which covers East and West Sussex and it is also a visitor attraction, a venue for music and the arts and an all-round hub for the community welcoming over 350,000 visitors each year.
You may also have experience in areas such as Personal Assistant, PA, Executive Assistant, Assistant, Executive Support, EA, Executive Assistant to, Administration Manager, Church, Faith, Executive,