Medical Affairs Manager- Real World Data Operations
3 days left
- Contract Type
Pfizer is committed to delivering breakthroughs that change patients' lives. This role provides the opportunity to help deliver that commitment as part of a dynamic new Medical Affairs team in the UK focussed on developing excellence in real world data studies across our portfolio. The successful candidate will play a pivotal partnership role in developing UK real world data strategies, as well as liaising with global teams. Our aim is deliver excellence in the UK through expertise and collaboration, while putting patients at the centre of our initiatives.
To support the Medical Affairs strategic partnership with Health & Value to drive forward our corporate vision, and to develop Pfizer's position as a leading innovative biopharmaceutical company with a commitment to developing high quality, impactful real-world data and evidence.
The role will work the Medical Epidemiologist & Real-World Data Specialist and the Health & Value Real World Data Lead to maintain and develop resources and tools for generating, monitoring and assessing UK real world studies and publications.
The role will work with Business Unit Medical and Health & Value teams to support the set-up of real world data studies, ensuring compliance with Pfizer SOPs, with the objective that studies across the business can be set up more smoothly and efficiently, and stand up to internal audit.
The role will be responsible for co-developing a OnePfizer communication strategy with the Medical Grants Manager about the impact of Pfizer UK real world research.
The role will act as the primary UK point of contact with Global real-world study process owners.
Organizational Relationships (including role to which the position reports):
- Reports to Medical Director External Engagement
- Develop and execute UK Bold Move 2.3 and 3.3 strategy in partnership with the Medical Director External Engagement and relevant internal stakeholders, with a focus on transforming the UK into a RWD centre of excellence with the aspiration to be an exemplar for the International Developed Markets region.
- Develop and embed tools to track and monitor UK RWD studies; work with study owners to run studies to time and target. Determine impact and success metrics for these studies with internal stakeholders. Utilise these metrics to help the business continually improve its real world data and evidence generation process, output and impact.
- Become process expert in Pfizer real world data study SOPs; act as primary UK point of contact with Global process owners, Non-Interventional Study Centre of Excellence, and other relevant internal stakeholders. Mentor UK colleagues in Pfizer processes, and identify gaps where process amendments or new processes may be needed. Upgrade existing tools for study set up, and develop new ones where needed.
- Work with the UK Medical Grants Manager to communicate study success and impact to internal UK and Global stakeholders, and, where compliant, externally.
- Work with the UK Medical Epidemiologist & Real-World Data Specialist to deliver training and upskilling to internal colleagues in industry leading, innovative approaches to develop real world data and evidence that demonstrate the value of our medicines.
Experience, Skills & Capabilities:
- Physician, pharmacist or postgraduate scientist.
- Scientific and technical expertise, with experience managing studies and tracking impact preferred.
- Skilled in continuous quality improvement methods and engagement strategies.
- Experienced project manager; PRINCE2 accreditation or similar would be preferred.
- Understanding of the NHS healthcare data and research environment.
- Solution focussed with a flexible and pragmatic approach.
- High degree of cross-functional collaboration: ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and influence with indirect authority.
- Networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in communication strategies to diverse audiences would be preferred.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Upholds values and drives high standards.
- Strong drive to learn and positive attitude to different ways of working.