Medical Epidemiologist & Real World Data Specialist
3 days left
- Contract Type
Pfizer is committed to delivering breakthroughs that change patients' lives. This role provides the opportunity to help deliver that commitment as part of a dynamic new Medical Affairs team in the UK focussed on developing excellence in real world data studies across our portfolio. The successful candidate will play a pivotal partnership role in developing UK real world data strategies, as well as liaising with global teams. Our aim is deliver excellence in the UK through expertise and collaboration, while putting patients at the centre of our initiatives.
To support the Medical Affairs strategic partnership with Health & Value to drive forward our corporate vision, and to develop Pfizer's position as a leading innovative biopharmaceutical company with a commitment to developing high-quality real-world data and evidence.
The role will work the Medical Director External Engagement to map and develop external partnerships with real world data and evidence groups and thought leaders, including NHS bodies, faculties, academics, methodologists, clinical informaticists and clinical data scientists.
The role will partner with the Medical Director External Engagement and the Health & Value RWD/HEOR lead to ensure strategic and methodological alignment across Pfizer UK and the medicine lifecycle, and to update the business on new methods of data capture and analysis relevant to pipeline and in-line medicines and vaccines.
The role will work with Business Unit medical teams to support the design, conduct, analysis and publication of RWD studies, focusing on studies with a medical/clinical objective, where specific methodological and strategic expertise is required for development and delivery of initiatives.
The role will provide expert input to Real World Data and Evidence policy consultations in partnership with other relevant internal stakeholders.
Organizational Relationships (including role to which the position reports):
- Reports to Medical Director External Engagement
- Develop and execute UK Bold Move 2.3 and 3.3 strategy in partnership with Medical Director External Engagement and relevant internal stakeholders, with a focus on transforming the UK into a Real World Data centre of excellence with the aspiration to be an exemplar for the International Developed Markets region.
- Advise on and execute or support One Pfizer real world data and evidence activities and projects from early concept stage, bringing in medical and scientific insights from the external community, with the opportunity to co-create some of these.
- In partnership with the Health & Value RWD lead/HEOR scientist, support colleagues to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles and methodologies to develop high-quality real-world data and innovative studies.
- Provide methodological and technical expertise to Business Unit medical teams to facilitate the application of new methods and approaches to developing real world data studies for Pfizer's pipeline and inline assets.
- Support the Medical Director External Engagement to compliantly deliver the UK engagement strategy with industry leading, innovative approaches to develop real world data and evidence that communicate the value of our medicines, and enable patients to access them, with a focus on shaping the environment for our pipeline.
Experience, Skills & Capabilities:
- Senior physician with NHS experience.
- Proven scientific and technical expertise: Doctoral degree (PhD, DPhil, PharmD) or MSc in epidemiology, clinical epidemiology, health informatics or health data science.
- Understanding of a range of established and innovative real-world research methodologies.
- Understanding of and experience working with UK healthcare data and datasets, with a recognition of their opportunities and challenges.
- Experience of innovative methods of data collection, including the use of digital technology would be desirable.
- Good understanding of the NHS healthcare data environment. Experience of shaping the environment through engagement and collaboration would be desirable.
- Solution focussed with a flexible and pragmatic approach.
- High degree of cross-functional collaboration: ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority.
- Networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Upholds values and drives high standards.
- Strong drive to learn and positive attitude to different ways of working.