Project Manager - 18 month FTC
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Project Manager to join the Group Transformation team on a fixed term contract, and work across 2 workstreams within the Transformation programme. Reporting to the Programme Director you will bring previous project experience and the ability to organise and deliver key work packages and perform project administration duties. An example of the responsibilities would include: -
- Drive the delivery of the plan, proactively managing stakeholders, identifying and resolving risks before they become an issue
- Monitor project progress, following up with stakeholders, scheduling meetings, and maintaining project documents and reports
- Continuously assess resources to ensure we have the right people in the frame to deliver the projects
- Pull together the transformation steering group pack on a monthly basis
- Help update project reports and artefacts for Project Boards & Steering Group Meetings
- Assist Project Managers, supporting & maintaining project plans and updates
- Takes notes of actions from key meetings for record and distribution
- Own tasks (work packages) as assigned and contribute to the project goals
- Work flexibly within the Programme team as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- A formal project management qualification e.g. Prince 2, APM
- Previous experience of project governance processes & documentation
- Ability to work across a number of projects
- Self-starter who is able to understand what is being delivered and formulate a robust plan