Business Development Manager - Flexible Working Available
Broadplace has been established for more than 15 years as a highly successful and multi-award winning digital performance marketing agency. We are an officially recognised Google Premier Partner, Facebook Partner and Microsoft Elite Channel Partner. Broadplace’s award-winning combination of digital capabilities, talent, technology and industry partnerships help the team to deliver fully integrated strategies to clients across many verticals, including: travel, education, automotive, insurance and retail/e-Commerce.
Our mission is to deliver success for everyone connected to Broadplace; Partners, Employees & Community. Our culture is one that cares, nurtures expertise, is fun, inclusive and rewarding for all.
Our mission, culture and decisions are driven by our core values of: Accountability, Positivity, 110%, Caring, Autonomy and Expertise - which allows everyone to feel accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will analyse and initiate new and existing client potentials and recommend new growth strategies and products. This role will be responsible primarily for the acquisition of new clients and growth of some existing client accounts.
- Research and reach out to potential clients and leads in the online/ e-commerce industry
- Present pitches to key decision makers
- Proactively identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Initiate up-sell, cross-sell process by building, qualifying client relationships via several customer touchpoints.
- Maintaining existing customers business levels and growing business by building strong relationships.
- Ensure that all clients have a robust commercial strategy in place, together with specific performance targets and objectives tailored to meet or exceed the business and commercial expectation of the key stakeholders.
- Initial presentation to potential customers
- Working with the Account management team when required to prepare proposals
- Close sales by overcoming objections and find creative solutions to on-board clients
- Contribute to business growth strategies by evaluating current product results, identifying needs to be filled, monitoring competitive products, analysing and relaying customer reaction.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of existing and potential clients and enable them to grow.
- Attend industry conferences and networking events to meet new clients and keep ahead of the curve
- Work with operations and development team to identify and request new channel opportunities by identifying latest customer demand.
KPIs and Reports:
- Full sales life cycle activities (source own leads, calls, emails, meetings, proposals)
- Consistent communication and follow ups, preparing proposals, presentations and delivering pitches
- Forecasting, sales pipelines and monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting
- Achieving new business revenue targets
- MUST HAVE a minimum of 2 years agency experience selling digital marketing solutions to online and e-commerce businesses
- Considerable experience in sales and marketing
- Demonstrable experience working with key decision makers of online businesses
- Knowledge of paid search and SEO methodologies and best practices
- Responsibility for management of budgets / media spend across multiple accounts/platforms
- Highly competent in Excel/Google Docs.
- Strong communication skills both face to face, telephone and via formal presentation/pitches.
- Proven track record in Sales environment
- Must be a strong team player with high energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborative and able to work closely with others on shared or similar projects
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and the ability to self generate own leads
- Attract / Consult /educate, not Push style of selling
- Proactive with strong accountability for achieving sales targets
- Persistence and Attention to Detail: able to demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the extra mile in building strong client/peer colleagues’ relationships, as well as not letting important details slide and ensure that leads and prospective customers are followed-up
- Strength of character and assertiveness – stamina and drive
- Not afraid of being told no
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving
Broadplace knows there’s more to life than work. That’s why when you join Broadplace, you will join the Broadplace family. Broadplace has a relaxed atmosphere and a positive, social company culture.
- Generous OTE 50-55K p/a (up to 35K basic pay)
- Remote working (in UK) with occasional travel to our offices based in Leatherhead, Surrey
- Generous Learning & Development Fund
- Google and Microsoft digital courses and exams
- Regular internal & external training
- Company pension scheme
- Discounted health insurance with Vitality
- Healthy snack bar & drinks fridge
- Broadplace break out area with TVs, Wii, beanbags, pool and foozball tables
- Flexible working hours
- Additional holidays based on length or service
- Birthday day off
- Tech and Cycle to Work schemes
Any data that Broadplace Advertising Ltd (Lan2Lan House, Brook Way, Leatherhead, KT22 7NA) collects from you is for recruitment purposes only. Our Privacy Notice is available on our careers page. If you have any questions regarding your data please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org .